Saturday 24 January 2015

Goals for 2015.



Happy New Year everyone!! 

I know I know, it's almost the end of January so I'm more than a little bit late with my new years greetings. I've spent a bit of time away from my wee blog in recent months but I'm finally back and ready to get back into it. So on that note I want to talk a little about 2015 and what I hope to achieve/what my goals are for this coming year.

2014 was quite a big year for me with some serious life changes. At the start of the year I left my first "real" full time job and started a scary new one. Then during the Summer my relationship of three years ended and I subsequently spent a few months doing "me" and trying to figure out what on earth was happening with my life. There were serious highs and lows but I've definitely grown a lot as a person throughout the last year and as cliched as it is, I know a lot more about myself than I did when I started 2014.

That said, I'm hoping 2015 will bring even more opportunities for personal growth and I'd like to make some changes and really make this my year. By nature, I'm not the most motivated person around and for that reason I like to set out clear goals and know exactly what I want to get from a situation. This brings me onto my "resolutions" for this year.

1. See new places/travel more

I'm fortunate enough that I live in a country where I'm free to come and go as I please and have access to various means of transport. I love to travel and so this year I want to visit as many new places as possible (and hopefully revisit the places I really love too).

I've already booked three weeks off work in July and am going interrailing around Europe with my best friend and five other girls. We'll hopefully be visiting twelve different countries in that time including Slovenia, Slovakia, Croatia, and Denmark, eek!

I'm also dying to visit Iceland so I really want to book some flights and go there sometime this year.

2. Continue to live a healthy lifestyle

I absolutely love food and am really interesting in fitness and nutrition, so this year I want to keep eating healthily and exercising regularly so I can be the healthiest, fittest version of myself. I want to find new ways to keep fit and try lots of new healthy foods. 

I've always wanted to do yoga but am afraid that I'll be rubbish in a class so I've booked to go to a Beginners Yoga Workshop in February. I'm being brave and going on my own! It's five hours long and I'm slightly terrified as I'll be so out f my comfort zone but I'm really looking forward to it.
I'm also determined to master the weights area this year - I know that weights are the way to go but I'm ashamedly a bit of a cardio bunny and the idea of all the weights and the big scary men terrifies me, but I reckon with a few personal training sessions and someone to hold my hand for the first few goes I should be able to conquer my fear!

3. Keep a journal

This one is pretty self explanatory, but I just want to get my thoughts and experiences down on paper. It's supposedly really therapeutic and I just think it's a nice thing to be able to look back on later in life.

4. SAVE SAVE SAVE

Lastly I want 2015 to be the year I really sort my finances out. This means learning to budget, not buying every single thing I see that I like and hopefully saving some money so I have the means to buy my own house in the not so distant future. My money managing skills are beyond poor so this is something I'll really need to work hard at.

I know this wasn't the most exciting post but I promise there'll be more beauty and fashion posts coming up soon! 

Thanks for reading, I'd love it if you commented below and let me know about some of your goals for 2015!

Rachael x











No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig