Sunday 2 March 2014

What I've been loving this month | February


Hi everyone! Today I thought I'd do a bit of different post, I'm a complete beauty junkie and I read a lot of beauty blogs so I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon and do a "favourites" post. Its just going to be everything I've been particularly loving using this month. With possibly a few non beauty items thrown in too! I'm going to make this a monthly feature and will try to post it on the first Sunday of the month. 




First up I'll start with the skincare, now is probably the right time to let you know that I can be a bit of a skincare snob, I have sensitive skin and over the years I've tried so many products that have left me with breakouts so usually I stick to what I know. With moisturisers that tends to be either La Roche Posay Hydreane Riche or Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser for dry/sensitive skin. However, I recently ran out of my beloved LRP so I needed to get a new moisturiser to use while I waited for it to be delivered. I decided to go for one of the new Garnier Skin Naturals Moisture Match offerings that have had a massive ad campaign recently. They have five different moisturisers, each one made for a certain type of skin, I opted for the Goodbye Dry Ultra Hydrating Rich Cream and I love it. Its not heavily scented, its really thick and creamy but sinks into the skin well, it doesn't break me out and it only costs £5.99... LOVE.


Next product is the Nivea Lip Butter in Caramel Cream. February has been a really cold month here in the UK and my chapped lips have needed quite a lot of tlc. My go to lip saviour for evening use is the Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra Nourishing Lip Balm, I cannot rave about this enough, but for daytime use its a bit too heavy so I wanted something lighter. The Nivea lip creme does the job, smells seriously unbelievable and is a bargain price at £2.10. 


Moving on to make up, this next product is an old favourite that I've rekindled my love for this month. Its the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in the shade Light. This is such a great powder, it sets make up so well, looks natural and has great lasting power without being cakey or heavy. At £22 it is a quite expensive for a powder, when you can get some great high street alternatives, but I really do love it and it lasts forever, so I think its well worth spending a little extra on.


The next make up item I've been loving is the L'Oreal False Lash Telescopic Mascara in Magnetic Black. This is by far my favourite mascara at the moment and one I have repurchased numerous times. Its affordable, the packaging is really sleek and classy, it really lengthens and separates the lashes and doesn't leave me with "panda eye" smudges. It have a plastic brush with lots of little teeth like bristles which really work well with my lashes and I think its a brilliant alternative to the Benefit They're Real mascara. I tend to use two coats of this and then follow it with a coat of volumising mascara to thicken the lashes out afterwards.


A new Essie polish I've been loving is this pastel blue/grey colour, Cocktail Bling. I wanted something a bit lighter now that we're coming into Spring, this is a really gorgeous colour and it somehow makes my nails look longer than they really are. I love Essie polishes, they usually last me about a week with a good topcoat and the brush is really nice to paint your nails with. They normally retail at about £7.99 but at the minute there's a 3 for 2 on in Boots so it can work out a bit better if you pick up a few things!


I've also really liked the Batiste Smoothing Conditioning Mist, its a new product and I was intrigued to see what it was like as I'm a dry shampoo obsessive. It works as a smoothing mist, for use on dry hair to tame any frizz/fly aways and to nourish your ends. I've been loving this as I have quite thick hair and its been giving my hair a nice shine and making my split ends seem less noticeable. As usual it comes in the funky packaging similar to the dry shampoo's and is a purse friendly £3.99. Definitely a product to try if you like using their dry shampoos!


Finally my last favourite for the month of February is the Vita Coco Coconut Water with Pineapple. I love this stuff, it tastes so good and is a nice change to normal plain water. Its also really good for you and helps hydrate your body! They have lots of different flavours, but I think this Pineapple flavour is my favourite.

What have you been loving this month? Comment below and let me know!

Rachael x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig